Enabling raw logging for a Cloud Sites website
NOTE: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the control panel and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
Raw logs are text files generated by your site that record information about site visitors and what URLs they accessed. They're in a standard referred to as "combined log format", designed to be read by log processors like web stats programs.
You can use the information in a raw log to help optimize your code to reduce strain on your site and improve response times. Raw logs can also be useful in some troubleshooting situations.
Raw logs files can take up a lot of space. If you are not using them you may want to disable them to free up space for your account.
Once enabled the raw logs can be found in your domain's FTP directory, in the "logs" folder. You can determine the path to the domain using this article on finding your web root.
- Administrative access to the Rackspace Cloud
- Click Hosting on the left navigation menu and then click on Cloud Sites.
- From the list of domains click on the hyperlink of the domain for which logging needs to be enabled.
- You should now be on the General Settings tab for that website.
- Scroll down to Website Features section and click on the Enable hyperlink for Raw logs.
- NOTE: The log collection occurs at 12 AM Central Time every day.
Note: log files are purged after 6 days
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER