- When adding the website, please ensure the website is created under yourself or the company and not a client in your control panel; you should select You (Account Name) from the drop-down menu when creating new DotNetNuke site.
This article will show you how to install DotNetNuke (DNN) Version: 05.05.01 onto your site with The Rackspace Cloud. Please note that this article assumes you have already selected Windows/IIS as your default technology, you have already setup a SQL database in the control panel and have uploaded the DotNetNuke application files to your site.
Please see the following articles on how you change your default technology, add a MSSQL database, and connect to FTP:
- How do I change my site's default technology?
- How do I add a MSSQL database to my site?
- How do I add content to my website?
Before You Begin
In your web.config file:
- Add impersonation: How do I add impersonation to my ASP.NET site?
- Set customErrors to "Off", which is case-sensitive
Installing DNN 5.0
- Open your browser and visit your URL.
- The DNN installation wizard will now load. Select your installation method and language type and click on the "Next" button. (This article will cover the "Typical" install in English.)
- DNN will now automatically check to see if permissions are properly set. All checks should complete successfully before proceeding. Should any fail, please verify your permissions. Click on the "Next Step" button.
- This page will now set up your database connection. For "Select Database," choose "SQL Server 2008 Database." Enter the hostname for your database for the "Server" field. Enter your database name in the "Database" field. Make sure to uncheck the box for "Integrated Security." Enter your database username and password into the appropriate fields.
- Enter an Object Qualifier, like 'dnn' for example.
- Click on the "Next" button and DNN will begin creating the database. Once you see "Installation of Database Complete," click on the "Next" button. Please see the note at the bottom of this article if you begin to receive an "undefined success" error.
- You will now configure the Host user for DNN. Fill out the fields with the appropiate information. Once finished, click on the "Next" button.
- You will now configure the Portal Administrator user and your site properties. Enter the appropriate properties and click on the "Next" button to complete the installation.
You have now completed the DNN installation. You may continue, using the "Finished (Go to Site)" button, or go back to a previous step using "Previous."
Note: In the event that you get an "undefined success" error message as part of the database installation procedure, you can use the following suggestions:
- Allow the installer to continue to scroll through the error messages for several minutes to ensure that all of the database tables have been added.
- Use your back button to return to the beginning of the installation and select "Automatic" installation. Because the database tables already exist, the installer will skip this step and complete successfully.
- If all other attempts fail to correct error, you can wipe out your database and start again fresh to ensure no data was added. Follow this link for those instructions: http://xman892.blogspot.com/2006/04/how-to-drop-all-tables-from.html
If you have any questions concerning this article, please contact support.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER