Note: to complete this process, you will need both a cloud server and a Cloud Database.
The following article will demonstrate an alternative way to connect to Cloud Databases using MySQL Workbench. Let's take a look below.
1. In the step, we'll head to http://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/. Once installed, launch the MySQL WorkBench and within the interface, select the New Server Instance Option under the Server Administration option.
Note: The following platforms are supported: Windows, Fedora, Ubuntu, Oracle and Redhat, and Mac OS X. Registration is required before you download.
2. In the next screen, select the Remote Host option and input the URL that was returned to you when you created the instance via the API and select Continue.
3. On the next screen, at the top in the Connection Method dropdown, select “Standard TCP/IP over SSH”
4. Next, change the SSH HostName to the name/ip address of a Cloud Server you've created and that is in the same datacenter as the database instance. I.E. If the db instance you created is in DFW, select a Cloud Server that is in DFW.
5. Next, the SSH Username will be the user name you used to log in to the Cloud Server that is being used in step 4. The “MySQL Hostname” will be the hostname returned when you created the database instance via the API.
7. Next, the “Username” will be the username created when creating the database instance. Your information should look something like the one below:
9. Select Continue and you will be prompted for the database instance password. If everything is correct, you should see the following displayed:
11. Once complete, you will see the following screen and you should then be able to work with your instance will no issue.
Note: if you did not save your password then anytime you make any actions you will be prompted for the password to either the instance or the server.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License