Note: The C# language bindings referred to here are no longer being developed. Instead we are collaborating with the OpenStack project on a new .NET SDK that would support Cloud Files. For more details and to track its progress, visit its github project page.
In this tutorial we will cover the installation of the C# API. This tutorial assumes you have Visual Studio installed either Express or the full version.
What we need
- Head to the Rackerlabs Github.
- Download the API I recommend downloading this in zip format.
- Unpack the Zip onto your Desktop.
- Navigate to to the newly unpacked folder and drill down one level.
- You should see a file that is called something like this com.mosso.cloudfiles.sln.
- Double Click that file. It should fire up Visual Studio and load up a couple of different Sources. Note: I did get an error that popped up for the express version of Visual Studio just click ok when it pops up its no big deal; nor does it cause any problems later.
- Once you have Visual Studio loaded Right click the com.mosso.cloudfiles package and select build.
- Once the build completes go ahead Open the API directory again and drill down to com.mosso.cloudfiles->bin->Release if all is well there should be two DLLs and a couple of other files there.
- You have successfully built the C Sharp API
If you have any problems or questions please let us know at email@example.com
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER