Creating an image backup (cloning)
This article guides you through the process of creating an image backup (cloning).
Note: While you can create a different size server from that of the saved image, you must still use the same base OS version.
Note: The first part of the procedure takes you through creating a snapshot image; if your snapshot image has already been created, you can skip to Restoring A Server From A Saved Image.
1. Log into the Cloud Control Panel.
2. Select the server that you want to clone by clicking the actions cog to the left of the server name.
3. From the drop-down menu, click Create Image.
- A pop-up window will appear that allows you to name the image.
4. After naming the image, click the Create Image button.
- Server images will appear in the Images list after they have been created. They can be accessed by clicking on the View Images in the Images section.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER