Cloud Storage App for Microsoft SharePoint: Overview
Rackspace Cloud Storage App for Microsoft SharePoint enables you to work with files inside of Rackspace Cloud Files alongside SharePoint content. You can download the Cloud Storage App from the SharePoint Store. Cloud Storage App reduces costs and frees valuable space on a SharePoint deployment's Microsoft SQL Server databases by storing data in your cloud account. The app also gives you the ability to expose Cloud Files containers and objects directly in SharePoint websites where you can download, upload, modify, and share files with others. With Cloud Storage App, you can perform the following tasks:
- Manage Cloud Files objects directly inside your SharePoint portal
- Add objects to Cloud File containers using a drag-and-drop user interface
- Delete objects from Cloud File containers one at a time or in bulk
- Collaborate with others, even users who do not have SharePoint credentials, by generating temporary URLs that expire after a certain number of days
Support for the Rackspace Cloud Storage App is provided through the Rackspace Open Cloud Community Forum. If you have any general support questions, experience technical issues, or have suggestions for new features, post in the community's Application Forum and include Rackspace Cloud Storage App for SharePoint in the title.
For instructions on installing and using Cloud Storage App, see the following series of articles:
- How to Install the Rackspace Cloud Storage App for Microsoft SharePoint
- How to Set Up Credentials to Access Cloud Files
- How to Navigate the App
- How to Add and Delete Files in a Container
- How to Share a File with another Person
- How to Remove your Credentials from the App
- FAQs and Browser Compatibility Matrix
Where to go from here
After you have a Rackspace Cloud account, you can download the app from the SharePoint Store and install the app on your SharePoint website if the environment has been configured to support the SharePoint 2013 app model. For details about installing an app in Microsoft SharePoint 2013, see How to Install the Rackspace Cloud Storage App for Microsoft SharePoint.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER