NOTE: This article is written for our First-Generation Cloud Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Next-Generation Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right of the control panel and selecting "First-Generation Control Panel".
Now that you are familiar with how to manage all of your account details under the Your Account tab, the next section in the left navigation menu will show you how to get Fanatical Support through our many support channels.
- When you click on the Support drop-down menu, you will see the following items:
- You will also notice that the Cloud Status, Knowledge Base, Forums, Tickets, and Live Chat links are available across the top menu of all pages, as well as the Support phone numbers for the United States and United Kingdom. If you are ever experiencing a critical problem and need immediate support, please call as at one of these numbers:
- United States 24-hour Support: 877-934-0407
- United Kingdom 24-hour Support: 0800-083-3012
If you are not experiencing a critical problem, you may be able to find the answer you are looking for through one of our other Support channels. Below is a detailed description of the resources available through these channels, and suggestions for the best way to use them.
- Developer Resources - Here you will find links to the github repositories for the .NET, Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby language bindings for our products. You can also find links to HTML and downloadable .PDF guides for the API documentation. You can always access these Developer Guides directly by going to: http://docs.rackspace.com/api/
- Cloud Status - Having a problem getting to the Control Panel, or any other Rackspace Cloud services? The first place you should check is the Cloud Status page. This is where we list all maintenances and service impacting events. There is a different Status page for Cloud Sites, Cloud Servers, and Cloud Files. This is because a maintenance or outage may only be impacting one product, while others remain unaffected. Make sure to note the Event Date (green box) and differentiate from the Posted Date (red box). Since the events will appear in the order that they were posted, you may need to scroll down through the list to find scheduled maintenances that were posted earlier.
- Knowledge Base / Knowledge Center - This valuable resource contains numerous articles, tutorials, videos, white papers, and webinars to help you find all available information on using the Rackspace Cloud. How do we know it's valuable? Because you are using it right now! You can get to the Knowledge Center directly by going to: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center
- If you already know what you are looking for, the easiest way to find it is to enter keywords in the Search bar at the top. Selecting the Advanced Search option will allow you the option to filter your search returns by article type, product category, or by specific article ID after checking the box in the lower-right corner.
- You can obtain the article ID from the address bar of each article. For example, the article ID for this article that you are reading is: 2033. If you wanted to access this article directly, you could use the Advanced Search - Search by Article ID, and enter the number 2033 to pull up this article. Go ahead and try it now!
- If you don't know exactly what you are looking for, you can browse the Support Categories under the I Need Help With: section.
- Clicking the arrows next to a selection will expand the sub-categories for that topic. You can also click the VIEW ALL link at the bottom of each topic to see the full list of categories.
- Forums - this is the section for our customers to interact and discuss topics related to their Rackspace Cloud services. The first time that you click on this link, you will notice that you are prompted to log in.
- Your Forums credentials are separate from your Control Panel login. In order to be activated on the Forums, you will need to click the Register link, create a username/password combination specifically for the Forums, and then contact Support to have the account activated.
- Tickets - the best way to communicate with our Support Technicians and provide specific details about a problem that you are experiencing is by opening a ticket. The advantage of using a ticket is that it allows you to copy & paste or attach (20 MB limit) cumbersome information such as traceroutes and error log entries directly into the ticket. As you can imagine, trying to communicate this information over the phone is problematic at best. All of our tickets carry a 24 hour response time SLA.
- Live Chat - We have Support Technicians standing by 24 hours a day to answer any questions you have. Under the Live Chat link, you will be directed into a Live Chat session with specialists trained to support our various products. Choose the appropriate Live Chat link for the product you need assistance with.
With all the support resources and support staff made available to you, it's no wonder why Rackspace is known as the home of Fanatical Support! This completes our tour of the Control Panel.
On to the next guide, Cloud Sites First 48 Building Your First Website
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER