Note: UK Cloud customers must use https://mycloud.rackspace.co.uk/ to access our Next Generation Cloud Control Panel.
This article will guide you through the process of Creating An Image Backup (Cloning) and Restoring A Server From A Saved Image in our new Next Generation Cloud Control Panel. This is a useful feature that will save you time on server setup and configuration. Let's take a look at the process below: Note: While you can create a different size server from that of the saved image, you must still use the same base OS version. Note: The first part of the procedure takes you through creating a snapshot image; if your snapshot image has already been created, you can skip to Restoring A Server From A Saved Image.
1. Log into the Rackspace Cloud Control panel.
2. Select the server that you want to clone by clicking the actions cog to the left of the server name.
3. From the drop-down menu, click Create Image.
4. After naming the image, click the Create Image button.
1. Log into the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel.
2. Select the server that you want to rebuild by clicking the actions cog to the left of the server name.
3. From the drop-down menu, click Rebuild from Image.
4. Next, from this drop-down menu, click on the Saved tab and choose the new image for the server.
5. Click the Rebuild Server button.
Note: With a Windows server, the server size must be the orginal size you saved the backup from, or you can upgrade the server size. There isn't any downgrading.
6. Your server will now go through the building process and will display a Rebuilding notification. It will display Active when completed.
Note: The process of building a server from a previous backup image can be a time-consuming process depending on the size of the server.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License