Change your Cloud Sites FTP password
Note: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking the Cloud Control Panel menu at the top of the window and selecting Cloud Sites.
You can use various methods to change your FTP password. This article provides instructions for two recommended methods.
Change a forgotten password
Use this recommended method if you are locked out of your account or to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- Go to the login page for the Cloud Sites Control Panel at https://manage.rackspacecloud.com. If you are already logged in, click Logout in the left navigation pane.
- Click the Lost your password? link under the Password text box.
- Enter your user name in the Username text box.
An email with instructions for resetting your password is sent to the email address associated with your user name. Your new password will be required to log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel and to upload content to your site via FTP.
Change your password regularly
Use this recommended method if you are updating your password as a regular security practice and have no trouble logging in to the Classic Cloud Control Panel.
- Log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel at https://manage.rackspacecloud.com.
- In the left navigation pane, click Your Account > Username & Contacts.
- In the Your Username & Password section, click Change Password.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER