Adding Rackspace Email Mailboxes
The following article below will show you how how to add a single Rackspace Email mailbox or multiple mailboxes using a .CSV file. Let's take a look at the following steps to get you going:
- First thing you'll want to do is login to the control panel at "cp.rackspace.com" and in the Email Accounts section, select the Add / Edit Mailbox link for Microsft Exchange.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name; otherwise select the Add Mailbox button.
- Next, enter the following information in the fields provided:
- User Name - This will be the email address: E.g. email@example.com.
- Password - Enter in a password for the email account. Password must be at least 6 characters long, cannot contain a numeric sequence longer than 3 characters, cannot contain the domain name, and cannot contain the user name.
- Confirm - Retype the password you entered in the Password box.
- First and Last Name - Enter first and last name information for the mailbox owner in the spaces provided. This is optional.
- Display Name - Enter in the name that should be associated with the mailbox. This name will be displayed when the user sends email. This is optional.
- Select the Save button and the mailbox will appear in the list. To manage additional features for the mailbox, such as Forwarding / Auto-Reply, Aliases, and/or Settings, click the mailbox name and then click the corresponding tab.
Adding Multiple Mailboxes:
To add multiple mailboxes at once; please see the following instructions below:
If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name; otherwise select the Multiple Add Mailbox button.
Next, you'll create a CSV or Excel file, containing the information detailed in the Data Format section.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER