Adding An Alias With Rackspace Email
The following article will cover how to create an alias that can be used like a mailbox that will forward to another mailbox or to multiple mailboxes on a domain. Let's take a look at how to set this up:
1. First thing you'll want to do is log in to your control panel at cp.rackspace.com. Once you're logged in mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Rackspace Email.
2. In the Email Accounts section select the Aliases link and select the Add Alias button.
Note: If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. To change domains select the change domain link.
3. In the Create New Alias box enter a name for this alias. From the Members Inside This Domain box select one or more mailboxes and select Add. They will be added to the Members Of This Alias box.
Note: To add more than one mailbox hold the Control Key (Windows users) or the Command Key (MAC users) and then select Add.
4. You may then add up to 4 external addresses for domaiins like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc. Otherwise select the Save button and you're finished.
Adding Multiple Aliases
1. Once you're in the Email Accounts section select the Aliases link and then select the Add Multiple Aliases button.
2. Next create a CSV or Excel file containing the information detailed in the Data Format Section. You can also download a template by selecting the CSV template or Excel template link.
3. In the Import File section click the Browse button then locate and select the CSV or Excel file you created.
4. Select the Open button and then select the Import button. Any errors that occur will be detailed in the import summary, which will appear after the import is complete.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER