Add Multiple Contacts to Exchange
Exchange only allows internal addresses for email forwarding and distribution lists. To use an external address for either of these functions, it must be set up as a contact. A contact is simply an Exchange alias that points to a real mailbox outside of your domain. To add multiple contacts, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Contacts link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains, click the change domain link.
- Click the Add Multiple Contacts button.
- Create a CSV or Excel file, containing the information detailed in the Data Format section:
Use the following column headers (* Required):
*Username, *DisplayName, *ExternalEmail, *VisibleToGAL (1=Visible, 0=Hidden), Last Name, First Name, Title, Company, Department, Phone Number, Street, City, State, Postal Code, Country, Notes
The username will be used for the email address, email@example.com.
Or, to download a template, click the CSV template or Excel template link.
- In the Import File section, click the Browse button.
- Locate and select the CSV or Excel file created in Step 5.
- Click the Open button.
- Click the Import button. Any errors that occur will be detailed in the import summary, which will appear after the import is complete.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER