Rackspace is proud to announce an important event in our company's history. Since 1998, we have focused on being the hosting specialist providing
solid infrastructure and Fanatical Support® to our customer's web applications. Recently, our customers have been asking us to host their email
services, including Managed Microsoft Exchange and Noteworthy Managed Mail outside of a standard hosting contract.
So today, we are excited to announce our recent acquisition of Webmail.us, a world-class business mail service provider, to expand and strengthen
our successful mail portfolio and to lead us into delivering more IT services for our customers. We want to be the leader in offering hosted IT
services to our customers and mail is our first step to help businesses offload the burden of backend management so they can focus on their core
Webmail.us has worked with us for the last two years as a customer and as a partner to offer our customers Noteworthy® managed mail service —
we think they are just as committed to customer service as we are! This is a great thing for all of us because our customers will reap the benefits of
a strengthened mail offering while we deepen our core IT hosting business.
Read Our Press Release
to Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Rackspace announcing today with Webmail.us?
2. There are a number of mail providers out there — why did Rackspace choose Webmail.us?
3. Will the acquisition of Webmail.us affect Fanatical Support?
4. How will this acquisition align with your current mail offerings?
5. How will Rackspace's customers benefit from this announcement?
6. Does this mean Rackspace is moving away from being a hosting specialist?
7. Will I have a new team for my email?
8. Will the acquisition affect Rackspace pricing?
9. Will Rackspace maintain Webmail.us's existing management team?
10. Are all Webmail.us employees now "Rackers"?
11. Will Rackspace keep the Webmail.us name?
Additional Information About Webmail.us
- 100% focused on business email services
- Headquartered in Blacksburg, VA, next to Virginia Tech
- Employs over 60 employees
- Hosts email for over 70,000 companies
- Manages over 600,000 email accounts
- Partners with a network of 325 resellers
- Over 100% year-over-year revenue growth, four years running
- Voted best technology company to work in Southwest Virginia for the past two years
- Voted #217 on the 2007 Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies in America
We are happy to answer any further questions you may have about Webmail.us joining the Rackspace family. We absolutely value your business and
look forward to offering even more services to you! For more information, please contact our Communications Director Annalie Drusch