Setting Up Microsoft Exchange 2007 With Outlook 2011
The following article will demonstrate how to setup your Microsoft Exchange 2007 email account with Outlook 2011. Let's take a look at how to set this up:
1. First thing you'll want to do is login to your usercp (cp.rackspace.com/usercp) and under the Client Setup section, and select Outlook 2011. This will contain some information that we'll need to set up your account; for now let's set this aside and we'll come back to this in a bit.
2. Next, we'll open up Outlook and from the Outlook drop-down menu, select Preferences. In the Outlook Preferences menu, select Accounts.
3. On the Accounts screen, select Exchange Account.
4. Enter in the following information:
- Email address - enter in your entire email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Method - select User Name and Password
- Username - enter your entire email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password - enter the password associated with you remail address
- Server - Enter the Exchange Web Server (EWS) address from your Outlook 2011 Setup Guide.
5. Select Add Account, and confirm that Amber dot next to the account name turns from an amber color to a solid green (this may take a moment). Close all windows and you're done!
Note: The amber dot may take a minute or two to change from amber to green; If it doesn't, check the accounts settings and password and make sure you're using the correct EWS server address. Note: If you already have email on the server, your email will slowly begin to populate your inbox. This can take some time dependning on how much data you have.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER