Setting up an Exchange 2007 ActiveSync account on an HTC phone
The following steps are required to configure Exchange 2007 ActiveSync on most HTC phones.
1. After your administrator has purchased an Activesync license and assigned it to your email address, you'll want to log into your User Control Panel at the following URL: https://admin.emailsrvr.com
2. Once you're logged in, scroll down to the Client Setup section and click on the ActiveSync link. This will open the Setting Up ActiveSync window which will contain the information needed to set up your device.
3. Locate your Settings icon within your App Drawer.
4. Select 'Accounts and Sync'
5. Within Accounts and Sync, select +Add at the top right.
6. Select Exchange ActiveSync for your account type.
7. Enter your Email Address and Password, then select Next.
8. Enter the following information and then select the Next button.
- Email address - Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), using all lowercase letters.
- Server address - Enter the Server address exactly as it is from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
- Domain - Enter the Domain address exactly as it is from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
- Username - Enter the User name exactly as it is from the Setting Up ActiveSync window. The User name is different from the email address.
- Password - Enter in the password for your email account.
- This server requires an encrypted SSL connection - Make sure this option is selected.
9. Click Next to complete this setup.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER