Rackspace Cloud Sites Essentials - MSSQL Databases
Note: This article is written for our Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can get to it from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your name in the upper-right corner and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
In this article we are going to learn how to add a MSSQL database to your website in Cloud Sites. The process is fairly simple so let's jump in and add our first database.
- First, login to the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel
- Navigate to Hosting->Cloud Sites
- From the list of domains click on the website for which a new MSSQL database needs to be added.
- Click on the Features tab
- In the Databases section click Add button
- Enter a database name
- Choose a database type as SQL_Server_2008 and click Continue
- NOTE: The prefix of the database name is generated for the user by Cloud Sites. The database name is a combination of the prefix and the identifier.
- Provide a database user name, a password and then click Finish
NOTE: The prefix of the database user name is generated by Cloud Sites. The database user name will be a combination of the prefix and the identifier.
- A clock icon is displayed while the database completes setup, click on the Features tab to refresh status
- Confirm that the new database is active verifying that the status column has a green check mark icon next to the database name
NOTE: This process can take a few moments to complete. If your database does not have a green check mark next to it in excess of 10 minutes and you are still experiencing a problem, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support 24x7 via phone, chat or by submitting a ticket through your control panel.
Congratulations! You have added a Microsoft SQL database to your website! In the next article we will learn how to start working with the new MSSQL database.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER