Follow the instructions below to backup your MSSQL database.
- Note: The Rackspace Cloud recommends using Internet Explorer when managing your MSSQL databases via myLittleAdmin.
- Note: Our system will only allow one backup file to be stored at one time. It may be necessary to go to "Manage Backup Files" and delete any existing backup file before you can create a new one.
Backing Up Your MSSQL Database
- To manage your MSSQL database, you'll first need to login to the online manager (myLittleAdmin).
- After you are logged into the online manager, click on Tools in the bottom of the left frame.
- Then on the Tools menu, click Database Backup and Restore.
This will open the myLittleBackup interface in a new window:
- From myLittleBackup, click on Backup databases from the left menu.
The database backup form will load in the window's right frame.
- In step 1, choose the database you would like to backup from the drop-down menu (which should be the only one listed) and click OK to continue.
- Step 2 is just for information and verification; you will find generic information about your database in this step. Keep in mind that the backup process duration depends on the database size you see in this step. Since you only have one database you can just click OK:.
- Note: If you see the notification (There are too many backup files in your backup folder), it means you all ready have a backup file saved in myLittleBackup.
- Step 3 is optional, but feel free to choose a backup set name and description.
If you don't want choose a backup set name and description or you're not sure what to use, just leave it blank or use the database name as both!
- If everything above looks correct, you're ready to click the Backup button in Step 4.
During this time you will see a loading message on the screen. Please take heed of the warning myLittleBackup gives: You're now ready to backup your database. The process can take several minutes. Be patient and do not click the stop button until done.
Congratulations! You have just created a backup of your MSSQL database! You should now see a link to download your database backup in Step 5.
If you experience a problem or you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support 24x7 via phone, chat or by submitting a ticket through your control panel.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER