How do I create a database user with Read Only access for MSSQL databases?
This article will explain how to login to MyLittleAdmin and use that tool to create additional database users that have limited access. You can specify a Read-Only user this way. You will need to create an additional user beforehand within the control panel of that database.
- Login to MLA (MyLittleAdmin) using the database credentials in question.
- Click the + next to User Databases.
- Click the + next to your database name
- Click the Security
- Click the + next to Roles
- Click the + next to Database Roles
- Click on db_datareader
- Select the corresponding user from the Owner drop-down menu.
- Click Update.
Alternately, you can select the type of Roles this user can perform as well, so you can limit their access. You can provide this user in a connection string for better security.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER