How can I use Cloud Files for data backup?
Using Cloud Files as a backup is straightforward. Users can achieve them in various ways. If you would like for us to provide Cloud Backup as a service, click here. Otherwise, complete the steps outlined below to set up your own data backup to your Cloud Files.
- Plan your backup schedule, identifying critical resources and frequency needed.
- Collect all the critical resources (backup data) in a secure local location or directory with any needed sub directories.
- (This step is optional, and will save on storage and bandwidth costs and increase security.) Compress the content of the backup directory with security and encryption.
- Login to the Cloud Control Panel and once you're logged in, select Files at the top.
- Select the Create Container option, name your new container and then select Create Container once more.
- Individually upload the backup data files created in step 2 to the container through the UI (user interface). For this example, we'll select a .png file. Select Upload Files at the top, Choose File from the pop up screen, select your desired file, and then select Upload File.
- Update your backup records with current date as date of last backup.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER