Getting Started with the Rackspace Mobile Application and Managing Accounts
Now that you are familiar with the Control Panel and know how to get Fanatical Support through all of our available channels, let's introduce you to an alternative method to using the Cloud Control Panel. The Rackspace mobile applications provide a seamless way for customers to access, create, and manage Cloud Servers across the Rackspace Cloud. Specifically, you will be able to create, rename, resize, reboot, and rebuild servers; check response times across multiple data centers; look up the Rackspace Cloud System Status; and contact Rackspace Fanatical Support across all regions.
Download the Application
Download the Rackspace mobile application appropriate for your mobile device:
- Android application from the Google Play Store
- iOS application from the Apple App Store
- Windows 8 application from the Microsoft Apps store
Once you have installed the Rackspace application on your mobile device, you are ready to get started with managing Cloud Servers on your account!
- When you arrive at the log-in screen, enter in your user credentials. These will be the same Username and Password you use to access the Control Panel
- Tap "Log In" and you will be logged into your Rackspace account and taken to view the Server List page
- To add more Rackspace accounts to the application, tap on the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen and select Accounts from the menu drawer
- Tap the "+" icon in the top right to add another account. Once the Authentication screen appears, add in the login credentials for the additional account. Again, this will match the Username and Password used to log into the account on the Cloud Control Panel.
After tapping on the "+" icon in the top right of the Server List page, you will see the 4 primary setup options - Name, Region, Image, and Size - that you will want to configure. If you select Create Server without modifying any criteria, your server will be set up with the default configuration details.
- Tap on the Name field and enter your server name
- Tap on Region to select your Region
- Once you return to the Select Options page, you will be able to select your Operating System type and version
- Select the flavor class you want for your server
- Select the flavor (includes CPU, RAM and disk) on the resulting screen
- Once you return to the Select Options page, tap Create Server.
You will be returned to the Server List where you will see your new server in the process of being built. You will be able to look at your new server's details, but will not be able to make any changes until the server creation is complete and the status has changed from yellow to green.
Rebuild, Resize, Reboot, and Rename your server
On your server list, select the standard cloud server you want to manage. Once on your Server Details page you will be able to Rebuild, Resize, Reboot, and Rename your server.
Note: Resizing is not an option for Performance Cloud Servers. For additional information, see Changing the Size of Your Performance Flavor Server.
- Tap the Image button
- You will be prompted to confirm the Rebuild
NOTE: Rebuilding your server will require a restart of your system
- Tap the Size button
- You will be prompted to select the new server size
NOTE: Resizing your server will require a restart of your system. Resizing is not available with Performance Cloud Servers
- Once selected, you will need to agree to reboot your server. Once that step is complete you will then confirm the resizing of your server or select the option to revert back to the previous size.
- Tap the Reboot button
- You will be prompted to select Hard Reboot or Soft Reboot
NOTE: Rebooting your server will require a restart of your system
- Tap the Rename button
- You will be able to add in the new server name
IP Features on your Cloud Server
On your Server Details page you can select your Public IPs and/or Private IP to Ping the server, Copy the IP address or open the IP in your mobile browser.
Tap on the IP address you are interested in and you will see the options to:
- Ping IP Address
- Copy to clipboard
- Open in Browser
Change the Root Password on your Cloud Server
On your Server Details page you can tap the Change Root Password button to update the password you use to access your server
Deleting an Account from the Mobile Device
- To delete an account from your Android Rackspace mobile application, you will go to your device's Settings menu. Under the Accounts section, select the Rackspace application and then tap on the account you want to remove. Once in the Sync Settings for the Rackspace application you can select "Remove Account".
- To delete an account from your iOS Rackspace mobile application, you will go to the Accounts page and swipe left-to-right on the account you would like to remove. You will then see a "Remove" button. Tap the "Remove" button and that account will not longer be synced to that mobile device.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER