Getting Started With Cloud Sites - Managing DNS Records
Note: This article is written for our Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can get to it from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your name in the upper-right corner and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
This article provides a quick set of step-by-step instructions for managing your DNS records via the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel.
- Log into the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel
- Navigate to Hosting->Cloud Sites
- Click on any Domain Name (The Domain tab is accessible from the Domain Details screen of any of your websites. All DNS entries are visible and editable from the Domain tab).
- Click on the Domain Tab
The Domain Tab contains 4 sections:
- Website Domain Information
- DNS Management
- MX (Mail Exchanger) Management
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) Records
Let's take a closer look at each of these sections and review their contents.
Website Domain Information
This section will allow you to manage your domains nameserver settings, register an unregistered domain (if applicable) and transfer your domain (if applicable).
This section will show you all of your DNS records, add new records, modify existing records and delete records.
Add New Record
- To add a new record, choose Add A Record
- Fill in the Domain Record and Content with the desired values
Modify Existing Record
The Rackspace Cloud's network currently has two mail exchangers (MX hosts) to provide you with a highly available mail solution. If you choose to run your own DNS servers or host your DNS elsewhere, our current MX record setup is as follows: (bind format)
- yourdomain.com. 3600 IN MX 10 mx1.emailsrvr.com.
- yourdomain.com. 3600 IN MX 20 mx2.emailsrvr.com.
Please check back often as we will add more MX hosts as our system continues to grow.
For the best Rackspace Cloud mail experience we recommend keeping your MX hosts up to date. Of course, if you host your DNS with The Rackspace Cloud, you will not need to make any changes and all of the MX hosts will be updated automatically.
SPF (Sender Policy Framework) Records
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER