Creating A Simple ASP.NET Site For the Main Cloud Sites Account
NOTE: This article is written for our Classic Cloud Cloud Control Panel. You can access this interface from the New Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right of the control panel and selecting "Classic Cloud Control Panel".
- User has administration access to the website
- Login to the Classic Cloud Control Panel
- If you are new to The Rackspace Cloud, please refer to Adding a new website and add the website
NOTE: The domain must have .Net and Asp technology Feature enabled. This can be verified and changed if necessary in the Features tab of the domain as shown below.
- Navigate to Hosting -> Cloud Sites -> This will list all the domains/websites owned by the account and click on the website to be updated
- Create the following two files:
1. First_asp_page.asp - This is a simple ASP page
<html> <head> <title>My First ASP Page</title> </head> <body bgcolor="white" text="black"> <% 'Dimension variables Dim strMessage strMessage = "Hello World" Response.Write (strMessage) Response.Write (" ") Response.Write ("The time on the server is: " & Time()) %> </body> </html>
2. web.config - This is the configuration file. Fill in your username and password to allow impersonation. Refer to MSDN for more information
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <system.web> <identity impersonate="true" userName="dfw\YOURNAME" password="YOURPASSWORD" /> </system.web> </configuration>
- Verify that logging is turned on if needed. Refer to Enable logging for a website
- Upload the two files created to the main directory of the website using one of the following two methods
- ftp - Refer to Upload content to a website using FTP
- File Manager - Refer to Upload content to a website using the File Manager
- Navigate to the First_asp_page.asp using the Test URL if necessary. Refer to Use a staging URL. Ensure that it is served by Cloud Sites.
- A complete List of Articles is available to address user questions.
-- RKN - 12/6/2009
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER