Common Windows Issues: Installing Additional SQL Server Features
Problem: SQL Server needs to install additional features from the disk.
Cause: Rackspace does not make our SQL media available to customers, so altering the default installation leaves customers needing an installation source
Resolution: In order to fix this problem, you will need to install components from a trial version of the SQL Server software, unless you already have your own SQL Server installation disk.
- To download the trial version of SQL Server, just browse to http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/get-sql-server/try-it.aspx and select the tab labeled SQL Server 2008 R2 Downloads.
- Download either the 32bit or 64bit version, depending on your OS.
- Mount the image using a tool like Virtual CloneDrive or Microsoft’s Virtual CD-ROM. These are 3rd party products which are not directly supported by Rackspace.
- On your Cloud Server, browse to the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program/Programs and Features (depending on how you have the Control Panel organized).
- Right-click your Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 instance and select Uninstall/Change.
- Select Add, then use the mounted demo as the installation media for altering your existing SQL configuration.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER