The following article will show you how to add a single Microsoft Exchange mailbox, or multiple Exchange boxes using a .CSV file. Let's take a look at the steps to get you going:
- Log in to the control panel at cp.rackspace.com. In the Microsoft Exchange section select the Add / Edit Mailboxlink.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Otherwise, select the Add Mailbox button.
- Enter the requested information in the fields provided:
- First and Last Name: Enter first and last name information for the mailbox owner in the spaces provided (this is optional).
- Display Name: Enter the name that should be associated with the mailbox. This name will be displayed when the user sends email (this is optional).
- User Name: This will be the email address: E.g. email@example.com.
- Password: Enter a password for the email account. The password requirements are:
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Cannot include your username, display name, or full name
- Must contain 3 of the 4 character groups: uppercase characters, lowercase characters, numerals 0-9, or non-alphabetic characters (such as !, $, #, %). Example: Ex@mple1 is a valid password.
- Confirm the password by retyping the password you entered in the Password box.
- Microsoft Outlook license: This will allow the user to download Outlook from the user control panel (http://cp.rackspace.com/usercp).
- Public Folder Admin: This will give the user permission to create new and administer public folders they create.
- Select the Save button and the mailbox will appear in the list. To manage additional features for the mailbox, such as Forwarding / Auto-Reply, Aliases, or Settings, click the mailbox name and then click the corresponding tab.
Adding Multiple Mailboxes
To add multiple mailboxes at once; please see the instructions below:
- Log in to the control panel at cp.rackspace.com and in the Email Accounts section, select the Add / Edit Mailbox link for either Rackspace Email or Microsft Exchange.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name; otherwise, select the Multiple Add Mailbox button.
- Create a CSV or Excel file containing the information detailed in the Data Format section.
Note: Passwords must contain at least 8 characters, including at least 3 of the following: English uppercase characters; English lowercase characters; numerals (0-9); and non-alphabetic characters (such as !, #, $, %).
- In the Import File section, click Browse and locate and select the CSV or Excel file you created.
- Select Open and then Import. Mailbox information will be imported and the mailboxes will be created. Any errors that occur will be detailed in the import.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER