Cloud Database Administration (‘DBA’) Monitoring SLA
Service Level Agreement & Terms
Notification Time SLA
Rackspace will notify you via SMS text message, email, or the Rackspace ticketing system of Monitoring Alerts on your DB Server(s) within 5 minutes of the Monitoring Alert being generated, except during periods of Scheduled Maintenance or Emergency Maintenance.
If we fail to meet the notification time SLA stated above you are entitled to a credit in the amount of 5% of your total monthly recurring fee for the affected DB Server per event, up to 100% of your monthly fee for the affected DB Server(s).
Definitions and Limitations
For the purposes of the SLA outlined above:
- A “Monitoring Alert” is when a device being monitored violates a predefined error condition, and some form of notification ("Alert") is generated.
- “Monitoring Services” means the infrastructure, software, and services responsible for monitoring devices and generating/tracking "Monitoring Alerts."
- “DB Server” means the Rackspace supplied and configured software and hardware for which DBA Services have been purchased, but specifically excluding customer provided software and any hardware or service which has been labeled “colocated”, “non-standard”, “unsupported” or with like designation.
- "Scheduled Maintenance" means maintenance (e.g. repairs, modifications, or upgrades) that is announced at least ten business days in advance.
- “Emergency Maintenance” means critical unforeseen maintenance (e.g. repairs, modifications, or upgrades) needed to ensure security or reliability.
The credits stated in this DBA Monitoring SLA shall not apply to the extent that you make changes in your Services or Rackspace makes changes in your Services at your request that prevents Rackspace from providing the DBA Services or meeting the service level guaranties stated herein.
You are not entitled to a credit if you are in breach of your services agreement with Rackspace (including your payment obligations to us) until you have cured the breach. You are not entitled to a credit if downtime would not have occurred but for your breach of your agreement with Rackspace or your misuse of the Services. You are not entitled to a credit for downtime or outages resulting from denial of service attacks, virus attacks, hacking attempts, or any other circumstances that are not within our control.
In order to ensure that Rackspace is able to provide you with the DBA Services, Rackspace support teams may occasionally provide you with recommended configuration changes or upgrades (the "Configuration Guidance"). You shall not be entitled to a credit if the event giving rise to the credit would not have occurred but for your failure to implement the Configuration Guidance or otherwise address the issue in a manner which permits Rackspace to provide the DBA Services within 5 days of your receipt of the Configuration Guidance, or such other time frame as stated in the Configuration Guidance.
To receive a credit, you must request a credit via your Rackspace Cloud control panel within thirty (30) days following the end of the downtime. You must show that your use of the Rackspace Cloud Load Balancer was adversely affected in some way as a result of the downtime to be eligible for the credit.
Notwithstanding anything in this Service Level Agreement to the contrary, the maximum total credit for the monthly billing period, including all guaranties, shall not exceed 100% of your total Cloud DB Server Fee(s) for that billing period. Credits that would be available but for this limitation will not be carried forward to future billing periods.
This Service Level Agreement is part of your Cloud Terms of Service.