This post comes to you from Robert Fuller, Rackspace VP of Worldwide Channel Sales.
In case you missed it, early last month we held the 2010 Rackspace Partner Leadership Summit where more than 110 executives from our channel partners joined Rackspace for some thought provoking discussions about panels and sessions led by Racker execs, a number of our dedicated partners – including Ingram Micro, Razorfish, Magento and NetApp – took the stage to share their cloud strategy and how they’re partnering with Rackspace in the future.and what it means for the channel. In addition to
A survey we conducted of partners at the conference highlighted some really interesting trends and growth areas for cloud. One of the most interesting things we found was that 46 percent of our Partner’s customers looking at cloud computing have expressed interest in Hybrid Hosting, an area we’re continuing to expand on. In general our partners are seeing what we’re seeing – a continued uptick of interest in cloud computing with one third of all respondents saying that most of their customers are discussing cloud computing with them. However, the market is at a crucial stage for partners, as many organizations are at a point where they need guidance on how to embrace cloud. Fifty-eight percent of those companies interested in cloud computing have only dipped their toes in the water and have yet to put a full strategy around cloud computing. This is a big opportunity for VARS and MSPs to provide significant value as trusted business advisors in cloud computing and specialization services, an area they are primed for through their partnership with Rackspace.
We also recognized some of our most successful partners with the Rackspace Partner of the Year awards. Magento was named Managed Hosting Partner of the Year, while Kavoir took home title of Cloud Hosting Partner of the Year and Ingram Micro was honored with the Cloud Visionary of the Year award. Check out a full listing of the winners below.
We also made sure we had some fun – a full day of golf, cocktail parties and lots of networking amongst our partners.
Finally, we're working closely with our partner community to include significant enhancements to our partner program in 2011. Announcements will go out shortly on new program capabilities and a broader Rackspace service offering. Stay tuned!!
2010 Partner Award Winners
- Managed Hosting Partner of the Year – Magento
- Cloud Hosting Partner of the Year – Kavoir
- Cloud Drive (Jungle Disk) Partner of the Year – cluen.com
- Email Partner of the Year – DGX Sevicos Digitais Ltd
- Cloud Visionary Partner of the Year – Ingram Micro
- Advertising Agency Partner of the Year – Digitas
- “One Rack” Award – Magento
- Managed Hosting Emerging Partner of the Year – VML, Inc.
- Cloud Hosting Emerging Partner of the Year – Bevomdeia
- Cloud Drive (Jungle Disk) Emerging Partner of the Year – digipoint.no
- Email Emerging Partner of the Year – MVP Network Consulting
- Professional Services Partner of the Year – WebsiteMovers.com