Strategy & Transformation Advisory Services
As IT organisations struggle to address business requirements in terms of speed and efficiency, the need for a holistic and long-term IT strategy is often overlooked in favour of "getting things done." However, according to Gartner,
“The poorest-performing IT organisations are distinguished by weak delivery practices, the highest-performing by strong strategy practices.”
The mission of Rackspace Advisory Services is to help you articulate your IT strategy around datacentre consolidation, hosting, cloud, Big Data and DevOps and relate that directly to your business goals and objectives. We do this by engaging in workshops around specific areas.
These aim to:
- Help us to understand the high level business strategy around the specific set of challenges you are looking to solve
- Provide guidance and a considered view on ways to execute this strategy in the form of a strategy document
- Provide an analysis of your applications and readiness for the cloud
- Provide development dependencies (where applicable) on changes needed to your application
- Recommend an adoption strategy and roadmap for migration and transformation
Choosing a Workshop
Which workshop is appropriate for your needs? The table below highlights their individual benefits and provides guidance depending on the challenges you're facing:
|Workshop||Geschäftliche Herausforderungen||Workshop Outcomes|
The strategy document produced by our experienced technology strategists from these interactive workshops gives you an executable roadmap customised to your unique business challenges.
- Facilitation: Your customers' IT stakeholders can meet with a senior Rackspace technology strategist, allowing them to discuss strategies, challenges and potential business solutions face-to-face
- Market View: The Rackspace technology strategist will present a market view of IT Transformation, Cloud, Big Data and DevOps as well as available Rackspace options
- Executable Strategy: The strategy report focuses on business outcomes and provides an executable roadmap, which can be implemented regardless of the technology vendor or provider
If you are interested in engaging with Rackspace Advisory Services please contact us directly.
DevOps & Automation Advisory
Unser Entwicklungsberatungsteam (DevOps) kann Ihnen dabei helfen, die Veränderungen in der Arbeitskultur Ihres Unternehmens zu verstehen, welche die Einrichtung einer agilen und automatisierten Umgebung mit sich bringt, die auf unserer Cloud-Plattform basiert. We will work with you to help identify your organisations structure and skills gaps. We will take the concepts we introduce in our strategy workshops and customise them around your business and your applications to provide a full transformation proposal.
- Determining the suitability of your existing applications infrastructure to help you build the required automated cloud environment necessary for you to succeed towards a Hybrid Cloud solution
- Helping to enable you to understand how to be more agile with your infrastructure
- Equipping you to be more aggressive in reducing time to market
- Supporting a less monolithic Enterprise Change Management Strategy
- Providing a requirements document for infrastructure automation in your business
An Introduction to DevOps Workshop
Our DevOps Workshop is the first step in understanding the leap to business agility through the collaboration of operations and developers. We encourage the mindset that this is not simply a technology shift but a transformation to your business model. Click here to learn more.
- Understanding and evaluating some of the most advanced public cloud, private cloud, dedicated and hybrid solutions available on the market today
- Providing detail on what DevOps is and clarifying some of the terms that surround the approach
- Examples of how to build development teams to embrace agile development and how that relates to cloud infrastructure
Configuration Management & Push to Production
These sessions expand the DevOps principles by showing how existing configuration management and testing tools can be constructed in an end to end process to enable infrastructure automation and the capability to push new functionality to production with no manual intervention.
- Understand and explore the tools that enable continuous integration and deployment
- Writing automated configuration management for applications and solutions
- How to manage code repositories and versioning when working with automated deployment strategies
- Risk mitigation and control points to consider when implementing these development methodologies
- Map the right infrastructure to these processes
Rackspace Professional Services
Businesses rarely operate with a live pool of spare resources or specialist expertise tailored to deal with unforeseen challenges and project resource requirements in addition to the demands of day to day IT operations. Rackspace Professional Services can offer utility expertise across a number of core skills to help advise, manage and deliver discrete packages of work across a number of disciplines. Our Core Team Includes:
- Transformation Consultants
- Programme and Project Managers
- Systems Engineers
- DBA Services
Through our core team and partner network we provide a wide variety of services for our customer base, including:
- Transition & Migration Services
- Transformation Consultancy
- Project Management
- Performance Testing
- Virtualisation Services
- Lifecycle Services
To find out more about professional services contact us here, or contact your account manager.