Get unparalleled service when you upgrade to a managed cloud account
A Rackspace cloud account is good. A Rackspace managed cloud account is better! It gives you even greater access to our team of experts, who can help you plan, deploy, and run the website or application you’re building on our open cloud. Watch your project succeed and spend more time on what’s most important to you.
“Managed cloud really allows us to focus specifically on our app, and not all the IT stuff around it. Not that we can’t do it, but I have code to write.”
Chris Le, Seer Interactive
Here are the extras you get when you become a managed cloud customer.
We provide technical guidance for:
- Capacity planning
- The Rackspace product portfolio
- Scaling and environment architecture
- Security setup
- Configuring your server and web server (Apache, IIS)
We provide basic guidance for:
- Deciding which API calls you should use for Cloud Files
- Setting up and managing Cloud Files and Cloud Load Balancers via your Control Panel
- Creating, scheduling, restoring, and configuring Rackspace Cloud Backups via your Control Panel
- Configure and patch your server’s OS
- Install, configure, and patch MySQL and MS SQL databases, and caching (Memcached and Varnish) for your Cloud Servers
- Install your email relay and your Terminal Services role and license
- Install and configure programming languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Rails, ASP, ASP.NET) and software firewalls (iptables, Ubuntu® ufw, Windows Firewall)
- Provide basic guidance on the alarm conditions for Cloud Monitoring
- Provide basic optimization for your database
- Import and export domains for your cloud account
We help you:
- Provision databases, database users, and monitoring
- Move databases and tables to Cloud Databases
- Provision and manage Cloud Databases instances
- Create, configure, or delete your domains, records, and Cloud Load Balancers
- Up to 8 checks free from Rackspace Cloud Monitoring, for 24x7x365 monitoring of URL content, port, and ping
- 24x7x365 help with monitoring issues
We can also:
- Help you monitor installed services
- Troubleshoot and monitor your server's OS and your web server (Apache, IIS)
- Verify Cloud Load Balancer details, and the availability of the infrastructure for Cloud Files, Cloud DNS, and Cloud Load Balancers
- Troubleshoot and verify authentication for Cloud Files and Cloud Backup
- Troubleshoot caching (Memcached and Varnish) for your Cloud Servers
- Troubleshoot your databases (MySQL and MS SQL), programming languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Rails, ASP, and ASP.NET), and software firewall (iptables, Ubuntu ufw, and Windows Firewall)
Compare to the support you get with a Cloud Account
We're Always Here
Direct, immediate access to your team 24x7x365. Yes, that means no frustrating automated menus when you call.
We're Ready to Help
From deep strategic planning to reacting to an emergency at 3 a.m., Rackers are ready to help.
When you call Rackspace, you don't have to fight to speak to someone who can solve your problem.
We don't shy away from hard conversations. If we make a mistake, we'll admit it and fix it.
Discover what you can do with the time you save
Sign Up Now