Filed in by Pat Matthews | February 1, 2006 8:35 pm
The address book API allows any of our customers to modify their users’ address books, as long as they have administrative rights to the domain. The current set includes all the basic functionalities to manipulate the Personal Contacts and Groups section of the address book. We will eventually add more functions as the need/demand arises. The following is a list of functions available and a brief description of what it does.
• GetUserContactsSimple – returns a list of all contacts in a user’s address book. But instead of returning every field per contact, this function only return the following: ‘id’, ‘lastname’, ‘firstname’, ‘nickname’, ‘email’, and ‘favorite’.
• GetUserContactsFull – returns a list of all contacts in a user’s address book, including all fields per contact
• AddUserContacts – add one or more contacts into a user’s address book
• DeleteUserContacts – delete one or more contacts from a user’s address book
• DeleteAllUserContacts – delete all contacts from a user’s address book
• ModifyUserContacts – modify the fields of one or more contacts from a user’s address book
• GetUserGroups – returns all groups in a user’s address book
• AddUserGroups – add one or more groups to a user’s address book
• DeleteUserGroups – delete one or more groups from a user’s address book
• DeleteAllUserGroups – delete all groups from a user’s address book.
More information is available in our API Wiki. The address book API is currently under the Beta API section. It will be a part of our Webmail API when the beta phase is complete.
Source URL: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/webmail_address_book_api/
Copyright ©2013 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.