Third Thursday Open Q&A: Google+ Hangout Recap
Filed in Cloud Industry Insights by Drew Cox | July 23, 2013 3:00 pm
This past Google+ Hangout took place on the Third Thursday, meaning that the floor was open to general Q&A for anyone interested in the cloud. We fielded questions that were posted to Facebook, Twitter and Google+, in addition to talking about some of cloud trends and best practices. Here is a recap of some of the top points, and you can watch the Cloud Office Hours Hangout video in its entirety below.
- We started off the show by talking about the major cloud news from the past week, including: Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference, software defined networks, cloud application migration tools and cloud growth in Australia.
- Ryan, one of our customers, had a question about whether we support IPv6. At Rackspace we do support IPv6, but have seen the web at large not adopt IPv6. One thing you can do is check one of Google’s IPv6 endpoints to verify if you have IPv6 and are able to view websites that have added IPv6 support.
- Another customer, Richard, wondered what questions should he ask his SaaS vendor to ensure that his data was safe. We suggested asking questions about how the app was architected as well as about the different security measures it has in place.
- We then turned the question around and looked at ways that a SaaS provider could architect a solution to help keep customer data secure.
Thanks to all the folks who submitted a question for our Third Thursday Hangout! Alan is still at home helping with the newest addition to his family, but we will all be back this at 1:00 p.m. Thursday to tackle another topic in the cloud. Be sure to check out the Rackspace Google+ page for information on how to join the next Hangout!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackspace
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackspace
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RackspaceHosting/posts
- Cloud Office Hours Hangout video in its entirety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGOof2zccfE
- talking about the major cloud news: http://youtu.be/jGOof2zccfE?t=2m56s
- had a question about whether we support IPv6: http://youtu.be/jGOof2zccfE?t=15m17s
- Google’s IPv6 endpoints: http://ipv6test.google.com/
- what questions should he ask his SaaS vendor to ensure that his data was safe: http://youtu.be/jGOof2zccfE?t=20m57s
- at ways that a SaaS provider could architect a solution: http://youtu.be/jGOof2zccfE?t=30m39s
- Rackspace Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/+RackspaceHosting/posts
Source URL: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/third-thursday-open-qa-google-hangout-recap/
Copyright ©2014 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.