Filed in by Angela Bartels | February 24, 2010 9:06 am
Cloud computing was listed as one of the top 10 Web Trends for 2010 in a recent CNN article written by Pete Cashmore. It’s only February and it’s already been a very busy year for the Rackspace Cloud with our release of Cloud Servers for Windows Beta – listen to our latest State of The Rackspace Cloud podcast to learn more of what we’re up to. If you’re interested in cloud computing and want to be a part of this growing trend, you’ll want to join our new Partner Program for The Rackspace Cloud, released today. We took our time to make this one right ensuring that it’s easy to set up and streamlines what used to be time consuming tasks for our Partners. The features we’ve implemented are based on feedback we’ve received from our large community of partners including:
- Simple set-up, sign-up and payment processes, both for partners and your customers.
- Web portal for tracking and reporting.
- Webinars and marketing collateral.
- Standards-based APIs that are easy to build upon.
Lucky for us, we already have a very active client base reselling our services and referring our cloud computing offerings to other businesses. Committed to being the easiest Cloud provider to do business with, we want to make sure it’s easy for our Partners to get paid! The Partner Program consists of two tracks:
1) The Rackspace Cloud Reseller Program offers discounts of up to 12 percent for resellers selling large volumes of cloud hosting across Rackspace Cloud’s services including the recently announced Cloud servers for Windows Beta. The popular beta program allows users to take advantage of Cloud Server’s new and existing features including control panel and API access for create, delete, reboot, and rename functions.
2) The Rackspace Cloud Affiliate Program members can earn 5 to 7 percent (depending on the total number of referrals) of a referred hosting customer’s payments for a period of up to three years.
We see the Cloud Partner Program as an extension of our already growing cloud ecosystem. Cloud Partners like, like Kaavo – a provider of solutions for deploying, managing and securing applications in the cloud – are building tools on top of our Cloud Servers API and can now be rewarded through customer referrals and reselling. Jamal Mazhar, CEO of Kaavo comments,
“Working with The Rackspace Cloud in conjunction with their new partner program, Kaavo has been able to extend our reach through co-marketing opportunities and, at the same time, generate a new and significant stream of revenue. All my interactions with Rackspace, whether through the API or their friendly Rackers, have been far beyond pleasant.”
The year of cloud computing and the year to benefit from partnering with us, sign up now: rackspacecloud.com/partners.
Source URL: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/the-rackspace-cloud-partner-program-is-here/
Copyright ©2013 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.