Rackspace Performance Cloud Servers: Google+ Hangout Recap
Filed in Cloud Industry Insights by Alan Bush | November 7, 2013 3:48 pm
This past week we had a special Cloud Office Hours, where we got to talk with Erik Carlin, the director of product in charge of our new Performance Cloud Servers. We recently made these 100 percent SSD and 10Gb Ethernet machines available in our data centers and have had tremendous interest from customers. I cover some of the highlights below, but this is going to be one Hangout that you don’t want to miss. Take a look at the entire video, embedded at the bottom of this post.
- The new Performance Cloud Servers are plenty snappy, thanks to quick SSD drives and the 10Gb/s network connections we’ve hooked them to. The up to 120GB of RAM available helps too. All in, it gives customers 2.1X CPU, up to 3.6X more bandwidth and 59X more disk I/O. That’s a big improvement that makes a real difference for customers with data-heavy applications.
- We made our Cloud Block Storage better too. Cloud Block Storage now has 1.5X the I/O on standard disks and 2.5X the I/O on the SSD drives. Network and Cloud Block Storage traffic don’t compete on our 40Gb/s throughput network. That helps prevent bottlenecks.
- Value is a major concern in the cloud and our new servers literally score off the chart in price/performance statistics for our 4GB cloud servers. Using Unixbench and data from CloudSpectator, we found the new Rackspace Performance Cloud Servers are almost twice the price/performance of our closest competitor.
For more information about the Rackspace Performance Cloud Servers, be sure to check out the landing page or go to this post on our Developer Blog. As a reminder, our next Google+ Office Hours Hangout will be this Thursday at 1:00 p.m. CST. See you then!
- Performance Cloud Servers: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/servers/
- the entire video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlCKZBgFTeQ&feature=youtu.be
- the landing page: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/servers/
- this post on our Developer Blog: http://developer.rackspace.com/blog/welcome-to-performance-cloud-servers-have-some-benchmarks.html
Source URL: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/rackspace-performance-cloud-servers-google-hangout-recap/
Copyright ©2014 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.