EDITOR’S NOTE: The offer for the 30-day free trial has expired.
We launched our very own Rackspace Hosted Virtual Desktop (HVD) platform this week at the Citrix Summit 2011. Rackspace HVD brings together our hosting services with desktop virtualization solutions from Citrix and joint channel partners. With HVD, you have the flexibility of using Dedicated, Cloud, or RackConnect™ and can reduce deployment times of upgrades and new infrastructure deployments while reducing CAPEX.
You might have a variety of reasons on why you would want to deploy a virtual desktop solution including:
• Increase flexibility, enabling users to work from anywhere on any device
• Improve business agility and the ability to quickly deliver IT to new employees, remote offices, or recently acquired companies
• Free up valuable IT resources to focus on growing your business vs. managing your desktops
Desktop virtualization typically involves running virtual machines on a hypervisor in a datacenter, instead of running individual desktops at the client device level. The centralized nature allows users to access their data and applications from almost any remote device (e.g.. desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc) helping your IT department to:
• Maintain corporate compliance
• Quickly add new users profiles to the network
• Address corporate security and user storage concerns
30-day Test Drive
For a limited time, we’ve launched a demo of HVD so you can try it out for 30 days free from nearly any device. Click here to learn more.
Gartner recently reported that,
“more than 70 million desktop units will be virtualized by 2014 and that 60 percent of SMBs they’ve surveyed plan to deploy virtual desktops within the next year,”
this couldn’t be a better time to launch Rackspace HVD.