Enterprise Organizations Seeking Greater Performance, Flexibility and Control Can Benefit from New Managed Hosting Offerings
San Antonio, TX – October 29 , 2009 – Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the world’s leader in hosting and cloud computing, is enhancing its portfolio of services designed for the needs of large enterprises with a focus on disaster recovery, managed storage and application-level hosting. These new services are designed to meet the enterprise-grade needs of large organizations across all industries with a focus on performance, flexibility and control.
“Rackspace’s enterprise solutions can allow our customers to respond quickly to market changes, yet stay mindful of risky capital expenditures and rapidly evolving technologies,” said Taylor Rhodes, VP & GM of Enterprise Services for Rackspace. “We evolve our enterprise offerings based on customer feedback. They’re telling us they need a partner to provide important but non-strategic functions, and they want to buy them as services rather than pouring their own capital and IT resources into them. We are now able to offer our most complex customers solutions designed for their storage and data replication needs.”
Storage and Disaster Recovery Solutions
Regulatory compliance, on-line transaction processing and rich media are just a few of the factors driving an exponential demand for enterprise-class storage and replication services. To meet these needs, Rackspace recently began offering dedicated SAN (dSAN) and dedicated NAS (dNAS) enterprise-class managed storage solutions.
• dSAN: Highly scalable storage, leveraging Dell® EMC® CX4 Array technology, is ideal for databases and high transaction applications.
• dNAS: High capacity solution, built on NetApp® technology for media rich applications and sites and large volume file level storage.
Both provide high performance, flexible and fully managed storage services that are customized for the mission critical data assurance needs of the Enterprise.
Rackspace has recently launched its Disaster Recovery Services portfolio. The ability to recover and reinstate mission-critical data is a necessity for most any enterprise, especially in the event of an unplanned regional disaster or outage. Rackspace offers solutions to meet diverse customer needs and budgets.
• Host Based Replication – Data Center to Data Center replication can rapidly and affordably recover critical data in the event of a disaster. Host Based Replication is managed by a dedicated team of certified DR professionals and includes a free DNS failover service.
• Enterprise Replication Services— Data Center to Data Center replication and rapid failover for mission critical data stored using Rackspace dNAS services. Enterprise Replication Services is powered by NetApp NAS and SnapMirror® technologies and is customized and managed by a team of certified NAS engineers.
• Professional Services—Rackspace has a dedicated Professional Services team that delivers customized DR solutions for enterprise customers. For customers seeking a customized, end-to-end DR solution, Rackspace offers Professional Services capabilities that include application, database and full server failover.
Hosted Messaging and Collaboration Solutions
Collaboration and email are critical to most all businesses, and the applications required to deliver these services to the enterprise are growing increasingly complex. Rackspace Messaging & Collaboration Solutions can provide a better alternative to managing Exchange and Sharepoint environments in-house. Our Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint (Dedicated) solutions can allow customers to free up resources while improving the uptime and performance in their critical messaging and collaboration environments.
• Microsoft Exchange 2007-Dedicated and SharePoint-Dedicated: Rackspace has enhanced its dedicated application hosting offerings, including Microsoft Exchange 2007 and SharePoint. The service offerings include the design, deployment, hosting, support, and administration of Microsoft Exchange and/or SharePoint on dedicated servers by a team of experts.
For more information about Rackspace managed hosting offerings, please visit: http://www.rackspace.com/solutions/managed_hosting/index.php.
About Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Hosting is the world’s leader in hosting and cloud computing and is ranked #43 on FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for in the United States for 2009. Rackspace provides its customers with Fanatical Support ® in delivering their portfolio of hosted IT services, including Managed Hosting, Cloud Hosting and Email and Apps. For more information, visit www.rackspace.com.
210 312 3732