FLO Cycling Stops By To Chat About Scalable Websites: Google+ Hangout Recap
Filed in Cloud Industry Insights by Alan Bush | June 18, 2013 3:00 pm
We were excited to welcome Rackspace customer FLO Cycling to our San Antonio HQ last week and have the team join our weekly Google+ Hangout.
FLO Cycling makes affordable aerodynamic bicycle race wheels to be used by triathletes. They have been our customer since late last year when they came to Rackspace after their popular pre-orders became too popular for their previous hosting solution to handle.
In a recent pre-order, they sold out of their wheels in 12 minutes and wrote a blog post about how they survived the traffic. You can watch the full video from the Google+ Hangout we did with FLO Cycling, or jump to one of the highlights below.
- Jon Thornham and Chris Thornham of FLO Cycling talked about how the majority of their business is done through pre-orders. They talked about the importance of having a site up and available and described the different hosting platforms the company has used.
- The guys talked about how they knew that Rackspace was the right platform for them and how important it was to have a hosting provider and team to support their business. Jon went on to talk about the relief of not having to worry about hosting so they can focus on their business.
- Chris talked about their program called Bike for a Kid, in which FLO Cycling uses a certain portion of sales to help purchase bikes for children who can’t afford them. Watch Chris talk about the program here and be sure to check out their website for more information about Bike for a Kid.
That’s the recap from last week’s Google+ Hangout featuring FLO Cycling. Be sure to catch Drew and I this Thursday at 1:00 p.m. CST for our next Cloud Launch Office Hours, and you can find out more information by visiting the Rackspace Google+ page. We hope to see you there!
- FLO Cycling: http://www.flocycling.com/
- wrote a blog post about how they survived the traffic: http://flocycling.blogspot.com/2013/03/flo-cycling-rackspace-saves-day.html
- full video from the Google+ Hangout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdRW-kJgMg
- the different hosting platforms: http://youtu.be/GBdRW-kJgMg?t=12m5s
- that Rackspace was the right platform for them: http://youtu.be/GBdRW-kJgMg?t=16m53s
- relief of not having to worry about hosting: http://youtu.be/GBdRW-kJgMg?t=31m41s
- Watch Chris talk about the program here: http://youtu.be/GBdRW-kJgMg?t=33m
- website for more information about Bike for a Kid: http://www.flocycling.com/bike_for_a_kid.php
- Rackspace Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/+RackspaceHosting/posts
Source URL: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/flo-cycling-stops-by-to-chat-about-scalable-websites-google-hangout-recap/
Copyright ©2014 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.