Five Cloud Stats CIOs Can’t Afford To Ignore
Filed in Cloud Industry Insights by Lizetta Staplefoote | May 7, 2013 9:25 am
Many CIOs still look cautiously toward the cloud – and rightly so. For large enterprises, making the move to cloud can be quite an undertaking and involve decision-makers from across the organization. The move also may require completely rethinking the way IT is provisioned. Despite the effort involved, it’s hard to ignore the payoff and long-term benefits of cloud. In the article 5 Reasons Cloud Computing is Enterprise Ready, we explore the top reasons CIOs need to consider cloud in their long-term IT strategy. Here are few intriguing stats from the article:
- Over the last five years, eight out of 10 data center owners have built or upgraded data center facilities, instead of taking advantage of cloud options to extend IT capabilities.
- More than 50 percent of cloud buyers are planning hybrid deployments to take advantage of cloud efficiencies and satisfy security and compliance needs.
- Cloud can save up to a week of downtime per year versus the typical enterprise data center.
- IT shops can combat the one-third of users who report using unsanctioned, rogue cloud services which put customer and proprietary information at risk and violate compliance mandates.
- More than 80 percent of IT decision makers fear cloud platform lock-in, a phenomena addressed by rapidly growing open cloud platforms like OpenStack.
Read the full article in the Rackspace Knowledge Center for more stats and more reasons CIOs need to adopt a cloud-first strategy.
- 5 Reasons Cloud Computing is Enterprise Ready: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/5-reasons-cloud-computing-is-enterprise-ready
- open cloud: http://www.rackspace.com/open-cloud/
- Read the full article: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/5-reasons-cloud-computing-is-enterprise-ready
- Rackspace Knowledge Center: http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/
Source URL: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/five-cloud-stats-cios-cant-afford-to-ignore/
Copyright ©2015 The Official Rackspace Blog unless otherwise noted.