Bret Piatt held a session on Cassandra at the O’Reilly Velocity Web Performance and Operations Conference last week. He was interviewed by Matt Slocum while there and addresses the following questions:
- How does Cassandra differ from traditional relational databases?
- What types of sites and services work best with Cassandra?
- Is there a tipping point for a site or service moving to Cassandra?
- Why are open standards so important for cloud computing?
- Will we get to the point where businesses will rely on cloud resources instead of building out their own infrastructure?
Click below to see the full interview: