Archiving Support (Edit Users)
Rackspace Archiving allows administrators the ability to edit the following user settings and information:
- Basic contact information
- Temporary passwords
- Archive access expiration
- Disable account
- Lock account
- Disable login screen password recovery feature
- Outlook Integration
1. There are three dashboards for top-level administrators: Search, Admin andAdmin User. Go to the Admin dashboard by clicking on the Admin link, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
If you do not see the Admin link on the top right, then you are already on the Admin dashboard.
2. Click on the USERS tab.
3. Click the Edit link next to the user you would like to edit.
4. You may edit the following attributes of a user.
- First and last name
- Temporary password
Note: For temporary password, the user will need to change the password upon login.
5. Under Additional email addresses (any email address from which you receive mail, or to which you send mail), add email aliases or other addresses the user monitors to the list. Type the email address in the blank and click Add Email Address.
6. Under Permissions, select the check box beside the user type for the desired permission. User types are as follows:
- Account Admin (AA) – A role likely filled by an individual or group of individuals within the IT organization. They can create and manage users and their permissions.
- Search Admin (SA) – Responsible for creating and managing searches. They may create new searches, edit existing searches, export search details, and assign search access to Search Users.
- Search User (SU) – Responsible for reviewing the search results created by the Search Administrator. The Search User cannot create a new Search and can only change the scope of a Search if that right has been assigned to them by the Search Administrator.
- End User (EU) – Permits access to an individual user’s mailbox archive. They can review, search, or recover any of their own email by logging into your archive site: http://yourdomaincom.archivesrvr.com
7. Enter additional contact information, as desired.
8. Set account options, as desired.
9. Under Account Options, the following user settings can be modified by the administrator:
- Expire Date: Accounts for users can be set up with permanent or temporary access. You can specify an expiration date for those users who access may only be for a short time.
- Account Disabled: Disable user from accessing account.
- Account Locked: Lock or unlock a user’s account.
- Disable password recovery: Disables feature allowing user to reset their password on login screen.
- Disable Outlook Integration: Checked by default, an administrator can uncheck this feature so that outlook integration will be enabled for a user.
10: Click Save changes button.