Create a SharePoint Picture Library
Windows SharePoint Services provides many standard libraries and lists. You can use these as-is, modify them to fit your needs, or create your own from scratch. To create a picture library, perform the following steps.
- Log into your SharePoint site, e.g., yourdomain.sharesrvr.com.
- On the Quick Launch bar, click the View All Site Content link.
- The All Site Content page provides access to all document and picture libraries, lists, surveys, sites, and workspaces that are linked to the site, as well as access to the Recycle Bin. At the top of the All Site Content page, click the Create button.
- The Create page is displayed. From this page, you can create a new picture library, document library, list, custom list, survey, or Web page.
Note: Contributor rights are required for some site actions, but even an invited member can create new site elements. As a result, the Windows SharePoint Services technology fosters a highly collaborative environment.
Hover over a few of the elements that interest you. A description of the element is displayed at the top of the Create page.
In the Libraries section, click the Picture Library link.
- In the Name box, type the name that you want to give the picture library.
- In the Description box, type the description of the picture library.
- Under Create a version each time you edit a file in this picture library?, select Yes.
- Click the Create button. The new picture library opens, ready for you to add images to it.