Restore Server Backup Files
Rackspace Server Backup is powered by Jungle Disk, a sister division within Rackspace. Instructions and links may direct you to the Jungle Disk Account Manager and file download pages. Improvements in integration will be made with future releases. Rackspace Server Backup as a standalone product is sold by Jungle Disk as the “Server Edition.”
To restore files, log into the Jungle Disk Server Edition Management tool with your account credentials. These are not the same as your Control Panel admin ID and password. To access your Server Backup credentials, log into the Control Panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Cloud Drive and Server Backup.
- Use the Admin username and Generated Password to log into the Server Edition Management client.
After logging into the Server Edition Management tool, perform the following steps:
- Click the Restore Files button.
- In the Restore From section, select whether you want to recover from the most recent backup or a backup that occurred at a certain point in time.
- Select the folder that contains the file(s) you want to restore.
- Select the Restore To location. Note: You MUST select the Restore To and Restore From options BEFORE clicking the Add Folder to Restore or Add File to Restore buttons.
- If you want to restore specific files instead of the entire selected folder, select those files at this time. You can select multiple files by holding down the control key when clicking in Windows or Linux or the command (apple) key on the Mac.
- Click the appropriate button for the items you are attempting to restore, either Add Folder to Restore or Add File to Restore.
- Click the Start Restore button.