Manage SharePoint Element Permissions
Permission levels can control access to your entire site or to specific folders, documents, lists, and other page elements on your site.
To manage permission levels for individual users or groups to specific elements in SharePoint, log into your SharePoint site with an Admin ID and password and perform the following steps:
- Click the section header of the item whose permissions you want to control, you’ll be presented with the list of items that live under that heading.
- Hover over the item you want to edit. This will create a drop-down menu for the folder, document, or list item. Click the drop-down arrow and select Manage Permissions.
- On the resulting Permissions page, select the check box of the desired group or user.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu above the Users/Groups list, and select one of the following options:
- Remove User Permissions—Select this option to remove all permissions for the selected group or user.
- Edit User Permissions—Select this option to remove any inherited permissions and set new permissions for this element only.
- Inherit Permissions—Select this option to match the permissions for this element to the permissions that the user or group has for the parent site or page.