Edit Mailbox Aliases
An email alias is an email address that does not have its own mailbox; instead, email sent to the alias email address is automatically sent to the associated mailbox or mailboxes. For example, the alias email@example.com can point to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Each of those recipients (Joe, Mary, and Bill) would receive the message that was sent to email@example.com.
The Control Panel allows you to manage alias settings per alias or per mailbox. This gives you the flexibility to view all mailboxes associated with an alias, or all aliases associated with a mailbox.
To manage all aliases associated with a mailbox, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Rackspace Email.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Add / Edit a Mailbox link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the mailbox name for which you want to edit alias settings.
- Click the Aliases tab.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want the mailbox to be associated with an alias, select the alias from the Aliases in this Domain box and then click the Add button.
- If you want the mailbox to no longer be associated with an alias, select the alias from the Member of these Aliases list and click the Remove button.
- Click the Save button.