Manage Archive Search Results
Once a search has been created, the results of the search can be reviewed, filtered, tagged, and exported.
To access and manage search results, perform the following steps:
- Log into the control panel. Or, to log into the archive manager directly, log in at your domain-specific URL
(e.g., http://yourdomain.archivesrvr.com) and proceed to Step 6.
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Domains.
- In the Manage section, click the Email Archiving link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Manage My Archive link.
- There are two dashboards for top level administrators: Search and Admin. To access the Admin dashboard, click the Admin link, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Search tab.
- Click the Name of a saved search.
There are many options available when reviewing the results of a search. These options include:
Find in results
To narrow search results, click the Filter My Results link at the top of the page.
- Expand All—Shows the subject, sender, recipients, date, and full message contents. In the Expand All view, you can also click the Text view or Original view links in the message to see full text including headers or the original appearance of the email.
- Collapse All—Shows the subject, sender, recipients, and date.
- Mini view—Shows the subject, sender, and date.
Click the appropriate link to sort by Date, Relevance, Sender, Subject, or # of Attachments.
Predefined system tags can be added to messages by clicking the Save, Reviewed, Starred, or Attention buttons. To add your own predefined tag (created under the Settings tab), click the TAGS link. You can also enter a new tag name in the blank under TAGS, and then click the Save button.
Comments can be added to any message. To add a comment, click the Add comment link.
Messages can be exported from the search results. Options include the following:
- To PDF—Create and download a PDF of the message.
- Download—Download the message in EML format. This file can be opened by Microsoft Outlook and other email clients.
- Send—Forward the message as an attachment.
- Recover—Send the message back to your mailbox.