Create an Archive Search
Once email data has been received and indexed, you can perform archive searches. Nightly "collections" index the email and add it to the archive. Collections can also be performed manually through the Archive Search Manager.
To create a search, perform the following steps:
- Log into the control panel. Or, to log into the archive manager directly, log in at your domain-specific URL
(e.g., http://yourdomain.archivesrvr.com) and proceed to Step 6.
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Domains.
- In the Manage section, click the Email Archiving link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Manage My Archive link.
- There are two dashboards for top level administrators: Search and Admin. To access the Search dashboard, click the Search link, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Search tab.
- Click the Start new search button.
- Click the tab for the type of search. You can choose from four different search types:
- Simple—Search for text in messages or attachments.
- Wizard—Add conditions to the search query and inspect all parts of the message, including sender, recipient, subject, body, and attachment.
- Advanced—Search by sender, recipient, subject, body, and attachment with greater fine-tuning control.
- Custom—Create your own index query to find words within words, words in proximity, and many other fine-tuning capabilities.
- Enter a Name for the search.
- Enter Tags, as desired. Tags assist in categorizing searches.Tags can be predefined under the Settings tab. To access predefined tags, click the Tags link on the New Search page.
- Click the Permissions link to designate which users can access, change the scope of, and/or export the search.
- Enter search parameters, as desired.
Note: Wildcards (‘*’ and/or ‘?’) are required for partial addresses (e.g., *doe*, jdoe*, or *xyzcorp.com). Separate multiple entries with a space.
- Click the Save and display results button to search and display immediately. Click the Save and return to list button to save the search and return to the list of searches.