Create Archive Audit Report (Account Admins Only)
The archive manager system records all user interaction. To view a report of activity, Account Admins can create an audit report. Reports can include information about: collections (when email is indexed and made searchable), user management, account settings, creation of searches, changes in scope to existing searches, viewing of searches by users, comments and tags placed on messages, and exporting of emails from a search.
Note: Reports will be sent to the email address associated with your archiving Account Admin Username.
To create an archive audit report, perform the following steps:
- Log into the control panel. Or, to log into the archive manager directly, log in at your domain-specific URL (e.g., http://yourdomain.archivesrvr.com) and proceed to Step 6.
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Domains.Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Domains.
- In the Manage section, click the Email Archiving link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Manage My Archive link.
- There are two dashboards for top level administrators: Search and Admin. To access the Admin dashboard, click the Admin link, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Reports tab.
- Click the Choose report drop-down menu and select a report type:
- Activity by User—Lists all users, their actions, the date of the actions, and the number of times the actions were performed.
- Activity by UI Action—Lists all actions in alphabetical order, the users that performed the actions, the date, and the number of times the actions were performed.
- Activity by Date—Lists by date the users who performed actions, the action performed, and the number of times the actions were performed.
- Collection by Mailbox—A collection indexes gathered email data and makes it searchable. This occurs automatically nightly. This report lists mailboxes, the number of email messages collected, the data size, and the date collected. These mailboxes are not your user mailboxes. They are collection points, and there is usually just one per account.
- Collection by Date—A collection indexes gathered email data and makes it searchable. This occurs automatically nightly. This report lists the dates of collections, the number of email messages collected, the data size, and the mailbox collection point.
- In the Format option section, select whether you want the report in PDF or CSV format. PDF format is ideal for read-only reports. CSV is ideal if you want to sort or repurpose the report data.
- In the Date Range section, specify a date range for the report. To select a specific date range, click the Calendar icons.
- In the Sort options section, indicate how you want the data to be sorted and whether you want the sort to be ascending or descending.
- Click the Create Report button. The report will be sent to the email address associated with your Account Admin Username.