Add Archive User (Account Admins Only)
Account Admins can create additional users for the Archive Search Manager. These users can be additional Account Admins with full access, limited accounts that can only create and/or view searches, or end users that can only access their personal mailbox archive.
To add individual users, perform the following steps:
- Log into the control panel. Or, to log into the archive manager directly, log in at your domain-specific URL
(e.g., http://yourdomain.archivesrvr.com) and proceed to Step 6.
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Domains.
- In the Manage section, click the Email Archiving link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Manage My Archive link.
- There are two dashboards for top level administrators: Search and Admin. To access the Admin dashboard, click the Admin link, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Users tab.
- Click the Add User button.
- Enter a Username, First and last name, Email, and Temp. password. The user will be asked to choose a new password upon login.
- Under Permissions, select the check box beside the user type. User types are as follows:
- Account Admin (AA)—A role likely filled by an individual or group of individuals within the IT organization. They can create and manage users and their permissions.
- Search Admin (SA)—Responsible for creating and managing searches. They may create new searches, edit existing searches, export search details, and assign search access to Search Users.
- Search User (SU)—Responsible for reviewing the search results created by the Search Administrator. The Search User cannot create a new Search and can only change the scope of a Search if that right has been assigned to them by the Search Administrator.
- End User (EU)—Permits access to an individual user's mailbox archive. They can review, search, or recover any of their own email by logging into your archive site:
- Enter additional contact information, as desired.
- Set account options, as desired. Users can be set up with permanent or temporary access. You can specify an expiration date for those users whose access may only be for a short time.
- Once a user is added, a welcome message is sent to their email address with their username and password. You can edit the welcome message or opt not to send one.
- Click the Add user and send welcome message button.
To edit a user, find the desired Username in the Users list, and click the Edit link at the far right of the entry.