Add Multiple Aliases
An email alias is an email address that does not have its own mailbox; instead, email sent to the alias email address is automatically sent to the associated mailbox or mailboxes. For example, the alias firstname.lastname@example.org can point to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com. Each of those recipients (Joe, Mary, and Bill) would receive the message that was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The control panel allows you to manage alias settings per alias or per mailbox. This gives you the flexibility to view all mailboxes associated with an alias, or all aliases associated with a mailbox.
To create multiple aliases, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Rackspace Email.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Aliases link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Add Multiple Aliases button.
- Create a CSV or Excel file, containing the information detailed in the Data Format section. Or, to download a template, click the CSV template or Excel template link.
- In the Import File section, click the Browse button.
- Locate and select the CSV or Excel file you created in Step 5.
- Click the Open button.
- Click the Import button. Any errors that occur will be detailed in the import summary, which will appear after the import is complete.