Exchange only allows internal addresses for email forwarding and distribution lists. To use an external address for either of these functions, it must be set up as a contact. A contact is simply an Exchange alias that points to a real mailbox outside of your domain. To edit a contact, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Contacts link.
- If you have multiple domains, you may be prompted to select a domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Display Name that you want to edit.
- Edit the following information, as desired:
- First and Last Name—Enter first and last name information for the contact. This is optional.
- Display Name—Enter the descriptive name that should be associated with the contact.
- External Email—Enter the external email address that should receive mail for this contact.
- To hide the contact from the Global Address List, where it can be viewed by others, select the Hide from Global Address List check box.
- To edit optional contact information, click the Contact Information tab and enter additional information, as desired.
- Click the Save button.