Search Third Party Spam Lists
If you sent someone an email, but it was blocked by blagr.emailsrvr.com, that means your IP address or hostname is blacklisted by a third-party blacklisting organization.
To be removed from a blacklist, you will need to contact the blacklisting organization for removal instructions. We provide a list of blacklisting organizations, for your reference, in our control panel.
To search third-party spam blacklists, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- In the bounced message that you received, make note of the IP address displayed in brackets. For example, in this sample message, the IP address is 126.96.36.199:
Client host [188.8.131.52] blocked using pf-ip4tset.blagr.emailsrvr.com=127.24.0.2 (in reply to RCPT TO command)
Note: Sometimes your hostname will also be displayed, along with your IP address.
- Click the Support link at the top of the page.
- In the Troubleshoot section, click the Blacklist Lookup link.
- In the Search by IP or Hostname box, located in the upper right corner, enter the IP address or hostname you located in Step 1.
- Click the Search button.
- The organization that has blacklisted your IP or hostname will appear in the list.
- Click the blacklisting organization’s name to visit the organization's website.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for email systems to recognize that your IP or hostname is no longer blacklisted and to begin delivering your email.