To transfer your domain from Melbourne IT, perform the following steps:
- Log into your account at www.melbourneit.com, using your username and password from Melbourne IT.
- In the Manage Domain Names section, click the Manage Domain Names link.
- Click the domain name that you want to transfer.
- First, you will need to unlock the domain. In the Overview section, the Lock Status will be displayed—either as Locked or Unlocked. If the status is Locked, click the Lock/Unlock Domain link, and then click the Unlock Domain button.
- In the Overview section, click the View Domain Password (Authinfo) link.
- In the Overview section, the registry key will be displayed in the Registry Key area. Write down this code and keep it in a safe place. This is the code you’ll need to provide us to transfer the domain.
- To log out of Melbourne IT, click the Logout link, located in the upper right corner of the screen.